School Information Page
High schools are an important aspect to the HOBY culture and source. With 110+ schools sending a minimum of one student to the seminar each year we get the opportunity to pass on leadership skills and opportunities to the ambassadors in each of those schools. Those ambassadors then have the opportunity to take what we have given them back to their schools and make a difference in other student’s lives.
What is the cost? Who sponsors students to attend the Ohio HOBY Leadership Seminars?
- A registration fee of $195 is required for schools to register a primary student. The school, parent or other individual or group pays for the registration fee. This fee is collected by HOBY International and covers their necessary costs such as insurance, programming structure/delivery, volunteer training, marketing materials such as the registration kits, etc.
- Primary Student Local Sponsorship: Costs for meals, lodging, facilities, and training materials for the entire weekend for the primary student are raised in the community by Southwest Ohio HOBY volunteers. These funds are estimated at a cost per student of $200. This is funded by sponsorship’s from corporations, civic organizations, foundations, and private citizens.
- The only thing the primary student is responsible for is transportation to and from the seminar, a $35 key deposit, and any additional spending cash, i.e. for photos and souvenirs.
ADDITIONAL/ALTERNATE STUDENTS AND GUESTS
- Additional/Alternates and guests are permitted on a space available basis. The total cost for the alternates to attend is $350. This includes the $150 registration fee which goes to HOBY International plus the local cost of $200 to cover the student’s meals, lodging, facilities, and training materials for the entire weekend.
- Guests are individuals who are permitted to attend if they are a relative of a HOBY Alum, volunteer, etc. Guests do not count towards the 5 students per school able to attend. The total cost for a guest to attend is $350.
TRANSFERS TO SOUTHWEST OH HOBY FROM OTHER HOBY SEMINARS
- Southwest Ohio HOBY will accept transfers on a space available basis after March 30, 2013. This is the deadline for schools located in our area to register a student on a space available basis. The total cost for transfers to Southwest Ohio HOBY is $350.
REGISTER YOUR OUTSTANDING SOPHOMORES NOW
Click here to register your Sophomores.
Questions? Visit our Contact page.